Calling all people pleasers! Create conflict on purpose?! That’s what conflict expert Jerry Fu explains is good practice in order to be prepared for the real deal! From bosses to parents, Jerry gives incredible insight on how to go from conflict averse to a skilled master of conflict de-escalation. He even has wisdom to all you dancers: chemistry on the dance floor does not translate to chemistry off the dance floor!
- I’d rather disappoint my parents for a couple years than disappoint myself for the rest of my life.
- If you don’t confront the situation/problem, it won’t get better. You’ll never get the outcome you want if you never speak up.
- You can’t get the success without the failure.
- 10 Seconds of Courage: You don’t have to be a superhero, but you can be for 10 seconds.
- Listen without getting defensive. Until you get every frustration on the table, don’t form a response – then take time to reflect.
- Have the heart to understand the other person’s story.
- ‘No’ lets me move on.
- What’s justified isn’t necessarily verified.
- Conflict doesn’t mean your organization isn’t stable.
- What would it take to live a life without regret?