It all started with a dare. Now she wears a pink tutu whenever she runs a marathon. Listen as teacher and life coach Kristine Binder (#tutulady) talks about recovering from abuse, depression and divorce to inspire girls and women to run the marathon of life.
- The journey is more about the training than the actual race – the race, and crossing the finish line, is the icing on the cake
- There’s only one way up the ladder – one step at a time
- The Lemonade Stand: From Sour to Sweet (compilation book)
- I post what I need for myself in the morning – and it resonates with people
- In the climate that we’re in right now, with so much negativity and division, I have to be a place of peace and grace
- You have to talk yourself through the wall, and you have to get support from others
- So, your steps aren’t as big right now. It might not always be giant steps. Forward is a pace. I can celebrate the little steps
- God is teaching us lessons – we just have to open our eyes and see them, live them, learn them
Plus, Kristine talks about what it’s like to be shut out of a faith community because of her divorce and having a gay son.