He narrowly escaped death three times. Now he says death doesn’t bother him. Rather, It’s the un-lived life that tugs at his heartstrings. Listen as founder of The Heart of the Fathers foundation Roland Thompson discusses his dream that Every single human being lives the reason they are here.
- Kids: when you know who they are, they know who you are. Learn from them.
- Divine Sequences: the results of tiny decisions you’ve made because you’ve followed your heart/spirit
- Priorities: turning down a job that will pay double because you love the people it would hurt
- The Chinese Farmer story: Good luck? Bad luck? You don’t know until you see the big picture.
- Tragedy: If it happens, you’re going to have to do something. There’s no choice. Can’t quit. Gotta keep going.
- Death: Death doesn’t bother me. It’s the un-lived life that tugs at my heartstrings.
- Story: No one has your story. Listen to other people’s stories as well. If you can feel what they went/go through, it develops your own personal philosophy of who you are.
- Challenges: the key is, when you go through challenges, step back. How far can you step back to look at the big picture: Who are we? Where did we come from? Where are we going? The things that happen to you are for a specific reason. When you look for those reasons – like the farmer story – if you look for the good, as opposed to focusing on the bad, good will start coming to you – as opposed to playing the victim; “poor me.”
- Responsibility: E+R=O. It seems like a simple concept, but it’s not, because not a lot of people do it. That’s why we need people who help others focus on their dreams, reasons and purpose – and stay focused on it, because we have two paths: ours, and the one others choose for us.
- Taking Ownership: Mit Romney’s book came out and talked about his generation being the worst. He didn’t want that to be his story and asked, “How can I contribute and educate other boomers and turn this around?”
- Giving Credit: It’s not about me. Even Jesus never took credit for anything he ever did but gave glory to the Father.
- Entitlement: No one on this planet has any more right to be here than anyone else.
- Obstacles: “Situations” vs “Problems”. Obstacles are like modules or packets of information that complete you, mature you and make you better and more equipped to go to the next level and accomplish your purpose.
- Success: The most successful people in the world are those that fail the most.
- Risk: The people that have it easy are the ones that get to the end of life and say, “I wish I’d taken more risks.”
- Joy: The joy is in the journey